Considering the fact that such great media sites as TechCrunch and VentureBeat generate at least some revenues from their job boards, I figured it's time Web 2.0 Asia had its own job board.
Obviously I'm kidding about the job board thing here :) but the following executive search is for real. I got referred to a headhunting firm YES Partners by my friend Benjamin Joffe and YES Partners told me I could put this information on my blog.
So here it goes. If you find the position attractive and think you are a good candidate, then apply away! (Use Rose Mortilla's contact information given below)
Manager, Worldwide Strategy & Planning (Seoul, Korea)
Our client is a company operating a video sharing website that hosts user-generated content. Founded in October 2004, it is the fist video sharing website in the world to attach advertising to user-submitted video clips and to provide unlimited storage space for users to upload. As of March 2007, the site was visited by 15 million monthly unique visitors and 1.5 billion video streams watched per month. It has over 1 million video inventory and 2 billion monthly pageviews.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Strategy & Planning Manager will assume responsibility for the company's long-range strategic planning efforts. He/She will lead the implementation of a new companywide strategic planning process and will be responsible for select business development activities. He/She will also be responsible for leading the company's product strategy and development efforts including partnerships and alliances as well as the development of future technology roadmaps, capabilities and customer offerings.
1. Providing direct support to Senior Management
2. Coordinating the activities, schedules, and agendas for strategic planning
3. Working directly on the Strategic Plan to include drafting, monitoring and reporting on goals, scheduling and facilitating annual and monthly planning meetings
4. Working directly with Senior Management to coordinate special projects related to current and future strategy
5. Driving new business and service development
6. Identifying opportunities for market expansion
Skills and Experience
1. Strong strategic planning skills
2. minimum 3 years experience developing and implementing strategic planning methodology
3. Strong business acumen, management / organizational skills and professional style/presence
4. Experience in global consulting with a focus on MEDIA is required. Ideally having worked for one of the top consulting companies.
5. Excellent / professional communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
6. Conversational Korean is required
7. In-depth knowledge and understanding of every phase within Strategic Planning life cycle.
global executive search solutions