Me2day launched for busy bloggers

Web 2.0 | 2007/03/06 11:33 | Web 2.0 Asia

Me2day is Korea's microblogging service that's similar to or Jaiku. Currently the service only offers web posting, but postings via SMS and IM (like Sabifoo) are expected to come along in the future. The service is pretty basic for the time being and doesn't have all the bells and whistles. But more features should be on their way.

The person behind Me2day is Suman Park, previously the CEO of (which was reviewed by Web 2.0 Asia last year). Mr Park is a CSS and web standards master and a strong believer of lightweight programming. Me2day was built in Ruby on Rails.

사용자 삽입 이미지

The thinking behind Me2day is that blogging, although quite successful, is best suited for the top 10% of users who are capable and fond of creating content. The rest 90% of users, although they might want to cache life's memories sometimes, find blogging too difficult and heavy. It's like digging your backyards with a forklane. Hence the microblogging, where snippets of life log - whether they are in the form of SMS message, IM message, or comments on other blogs - are automatically aggregated. I think it makes sense. Me2day is in early closed beta.